rain or shine rainy day 每个人对下雨的反应都不同。在发生旱灾的地方,农民天天盼望着下雨。可是,正在野外聚餐的人,下雨使他们感到很扫兴。然而,有的

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

ENVIRONMENT REPORT- March 29, 2002: Saving Sea Turtles By Cynthia Kirk Green sea turtle This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Environmental groups in the United States are leading a camp

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

首《What if she's an angel 》完美地展现了乡村音乐的纯稚和朴实。Steiner纯正的乡村歌喉让我们自然在脑海里会浮现这样的画面:夕阳西下,满天是火红的云彩,笼罩茫茫大地,一个帅气的西部牛仔,骑在马背上,悠闲地哼唱着这首《倘若她是天使》。 Tommy Shane Steiner

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Jeff: So, you are pretty in tune with global warming. You are pretty in tune with the environment - conscious, environmentally conscious. What do you do to do your part for help protecting the environment? Tim: Yeah, well, I think I do quite a bit. I

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Google today announced new 'Instant' search results that change what you are shown as you type.The technology giant claims the new feature will reduce the time spent on search by two to five seconds per request, saving its more than 1 billion weekly

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. In far northern Mongolia, the survival of the smallest ethnic group in the country depends on reindeer. Morgan Keay, right, with members of the Tsaatan community in Mongolia An American named Morga

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

EducationReport-WebsitesShowYoungPeopleHowtoSave 教育报道 - 理财网站帮助年轻人存钱 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Young people are perhaps better-known for spending mo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

今天我们要讲的习惯用语都包括pan这个词。它最常见的意思是平底锅或者盘子。我们要学的第一个习惯用语是: out of the frying pan into the fire。 Frying意思是油煎或者油炸,所以frying pan就是煎东西

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

【俚语】 pinch pennies 精打细算 注意:Pinch作为动词最普通的意思是用食指和拇指捏着,pennies是一分钱硬币,在美国钱币中价值最低,一百个pennies才值一美元,所以好多人对 pennies不屑一顾,甚

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

The final stepafter seeing the problem and finding an approachis to measure the impact of your work and share your successes and failures so that others learn from your efforts. 在发现问题和找到解决方法之后,就该进行最后一步评估

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Courtney Schutt. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 I

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Todd: So, Anita, we're talking about money. Anita: OK. Todd: I have some questions for you. Anita: Fire away. Todd: First question: are you good at saving money? Anita: You know now that I got married, I think I'm much better at saving money, than I

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Hello, this is Tara, and I just gonna talk about what I wanna do in the future. At the moment I've finished my degree so, I'm just, you know, trying to save some money to pay off my debts, but I really want to be a nutritionist, so I'm saving some mo

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

EDUCATION REPORT - Exchange Is a Cost-Saving Way to Spend a Year at a U.S. College By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, August 11, 2005 I'm Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English Education Repo

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Remember those walls I built? Well, baby they are tumbling down And they didn't even put up a fight They didn't even make a sound I found a way to let you in But, I never really had a doubt Standing in the light of your halo I got my angel now It's l

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

We'll get past these fears,just hold tight my dear...有时候感动的不是什么天长地久的承诺,而是一个回身时的那句:不要怕,抓紧我就好。 Artist: Mona Song: Pavement Oh here we go again, Let me be your closet friend

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Premier Wen Jiabao's last government work report to this year's National People's Congress put a large emphasis on energy efficiency and pollution reduction. Part of the strategy talks about reforming the current energy pricing system and shoring up

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Daylight Saving time finishes on Sunday April 1st, at 2am. It is time to put your clock back one hour. To help you remember which way to change your clock, you can say, Spring Forward, Fall Back. Fall is the American word for Autumn. The verb to spri

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

goeasyontheonionsontheburgerplease. 汉堡上请少放点洋葱。 例句: A:Goodmorning. 早上好。 B:Goodmorning.Ineedthreeadultticketsandfourchildtickets.Ialsoneedtwoseniortickets. 早上好。我需要三张成人票和四张儿童票,我还需

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

Mark: Hi, Sorie. Talking about money, do you worry about money? Sorie: Yes, I do. I especially worry about the future, about my retirement plan. And Im not saving any money at the moment. And I have friends around me that are already saving up for th

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂